Monday, February 9, 2015

The Year of the Blanket

Not just the blanket of snow that is thickening all over the Boston area.

January 24, 2015

Same table. February 9, 2015

And it's still coming down, with as much as another two feet over today and tonight.

No wonder my knitting visions are of blankets and oversized sweaters.

One niece is heading to college in upstate New York in the fall and since I can't knit snowshoes I thought I'd knit a blanket.  She requested her new school colors--gray and forest green--and I'll be knitting the Learn-to-Knit Afghan from Barbara Walker's book of the same name.  It consists of 63 squares covering a range of knitting from simple knit and purl to lace, cables and colorwork.  I'll be subbing in a couple of personalized squares, and working the squares in gray and white with a forest green edging.  The forest green yarn is caught in a snow drift between here and somewhere out west, but I expect it to arrive soon.

Cascade 220 Superwash.  Silver Gray & Aran.




No comments:

Post a Comment