Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I Heart Ravelry

I have been a member of ravelry since it was in Beta, now almost eight years ago.  I've made friends, published patterns, planned my knitting and crocheting, kept track of my projects, discussed books, spent hours admiring the extraordinary handwork of others, and picked up any number of tips.

On Monday I was reminded of why I love ravelry so much.  Before blogging about it, I posted the afghan project to my ravelry notebook.  In a flash, I had a message from a rav friend who gave me some friendly advice about the Cascade 220 Superwash:  the dark green runs when you wash it.  She had knit something with two of the very colors I had chosen and had that experience, with the off-white becoming a dingy gray.  She took the time to send me a message. We've never met, aren't in regular correspondence, just friends who happen to see what each other is up to, and who are willing to share experience. How angelic is that?

katrog hearts teresa2t





No comments:

Post a Comment