Friday, July 5, 2013

My FO Flame

Finished! 

In this heat, couldn't bear to put it on and pull up the extended neck into a hood so you could see the whole thing and unfortunately my little display friend Anne Boleyn doesn't have a head. The stitch pattern on the neck/hood section continues the lace and replaces the stockinette with a simple 3 over 3 cable. 


The Lady Is A Ninja from What Else Would Madame Defarge Knit


Definitely didn't love the yarn (DIC Smooshy with Cashmere in Evening Flame), and couldn't find blocking pins to pin out the points. The color is okay. Not a color I would ever wear, so this one is for the gift heap

Since it's my own design, I can't tell you how great the pattern is, but I can say that the book is wonderfully written and edited, and since it includes personal essays on beloved books it's as much fun to read as well as to knit from.

You can see a lot more beautiful projects at Tami's Amis FO Fridays

3 comments:

  1. omg. how much do I love that you call her Anne Boleyn. I'm more amused than I should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, chippity chop, chippity chop....Someone will
    get a nice gift, I do like the colour, it goes with
    my grey hair!!
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour and beautiful finish .the name of your display friend cracked me up very clever

    ReplyDelete