Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Color Story WIP

Choosing yarns for this project (Stash Buster Blanket in Three-Color Tunisian Crochet this time in a light, airy gauge) was easy, because so much of my stash yarn tells the same color story: teal, terra cotta, green.



Four yarns, nine colors, no new purchases:

Sundara Fingering Silky Merino in Beaded Trquoise, Adobe, Juniper over Sage

Rowan Kid Silk Haze in Trance, Amber, Pearl

Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in Forest Green, Antique Rose

Posh Yarn Lucia in nameless pale robin's egg blue







After I chose the yarns I remembered the upholstered bench in the living room. Guess this is my story and I'm sticking to it.







If you want to learn the basics of Tunisian Crochet plus Stitch Diva's three color technique, I recommend this pattern, with it's very clear directions.

To see more Wonderful Wednesday WIP's visit Tami's Amis where Tami graciously hosts WIP Wednesdays and FO Fridays.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I think the yarn in my stash tells a story too. This week I got two parcels with yarn in the mail that I had ordered and marvelled that I almost always pick emerald greens and dark blues :) Hurray for no new purchases!

    ReplyDelete