Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WIP-A-Lot

Progress on three fronts this week, but no prospect of anything being finished before Friday.

Uma Sweater: top down construction, and almost to the point where the front and back are joined under the arms. Went on short hiatus so I could have the recipient try it on before I got too far along. Yes! I chose the correct size.




Woolly Wormhead Mystery Hat KAL: second of three clues released this week, and almost finished with that clue. The design features twisted stitches that create a beautiful raised pattern.




San Juan Bautista KAL: easy but very interesting construction and shape. Starts narrow and widens out into a dramatic swirl.




This shawl is designed by Elizabeth Green-Musselman and appears in the book Hitch:Patterns Inspired by the Films of Alfred Hitchcock. Her inspiration was the poster for the film Vertigo.
The designs in the book include a number of elegant sweaters as well as sophisticated accessories, and the samples are all worked up in a palette of cream, red and shades of gray.

Knitting this got me to watch Vertigo the other night. I really love "living in the future": I could rent it on my computer and stream it on my TV. Plus, the popcorn we make at home is so much tastier than the stuff in the theater:)

Take a look at what the others have on the go at Tami's Amis.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I just had the horrible revelation that it is only six weeks until Christmas:) Fortunately, I didn't plan on any knitting for Hanukkah this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Uma is going to be gorgeous--can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete