Friday, September 6, 2013

Last Rose of Summer Striped FO

I love this color combination of Bark brown and Rosa Rugosa pink.  There are a few beach roses still blooming out there, but by the first week in September most of the branches are covered with the orange hips.


Quince & Co Osprey in Rosa Rugosa and Bark.


I used my Seamless No-Purl Garter-Stitch-in-the-Round Cowl pattern for this,(free on ravelry)and I have updated the pdf with additional instructions for working stripes. Because this yarn was thicker than what I used for the solid color sample, it worked up at a tighter gauge, but still has plenty of drape.

Visit Tami's Ami's to find more finished projects. The weather in Massachusetts is actually cool today, so I may have a chance to wear my FO.

2 comments:

  1. Oh it's lovely - the red and brown together. Makes me think of toast and jam! So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool! I must make one myself. Have a nice Sunday. Regula

    ReplyDelete