Friday, January 9, 2015

Practical Matters

I was wondering why the gift wrap was so hard to cut.  Oops! I was cutting the cord of my headphones.  Not the cheesy white earbuds.  The good full-size Sennheisers. They were lying on the table. Under the  gift wrap.  I didn't see them.  I managed to mend them, sort of, with some electrical tape, but I began to think about all the time I spend ferreting around after my devices, and all the times I have dropped them and whatever they are tangled in while bounding up to answer the old school landline in the other room.

I also began to think about what I really like to make:  problem solvers and practical items.  Here's a new one, a pouch on a cord to hold my listening device, so I can listen and knit without danger of strangulation. Or decapitation. Bonus: a finished object in the first week of the New Year.




I'll probably have to break out the neon orange yarn and crochet a few more. But while I like the end result, I think my on-the-fly construction method on this one was overly complicated.  Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. You know, that's a shockingly obvious, yet delightful, idea. I never thought of it, but it would make things a lot easier when running around the house crafting, cleaning, cooking, or generally being productive.

    I am sorry to hear about your headphones, though I'm glad you were able to mend them!

    ReplyDelete