Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Crafty Resolutions for 2013

No, I haven't parted ways with consensual reality.  No, it's not a typo.

Back at the end of 2012 I listed some goals for 2013.  One of them was to learn Brioche Knitting.  I bought Nancy Marchant's book.  I enrolled in a Craftsy course.  But no Brioche. Not in 2013.  Not in 2014. Oh, sorry, you mean I actually have to pick up needles and yarn and do something?

It's a pattern.  My shelves are heaped with instructional materials.  My devices are stuffed with educational apps. Let's not talk about the oddball devices I've stockpiled:  the pom-pom maker, the tiny loom, the I-cord spool, the jewelry pliers.  I could start a  craft store with the supplies in my closet.

When it came time to think about what I wanted  to learn in 2015,  I didn't have to waste an iota of brain power. I had all these perfectly good resolutions left over from previous year-end dreaming, and  recycling is  a good idea, right?

So I looked up my Craftsy password, grabbed yarn and needles, and gave it a go.  Progress to date: a bit more than halfway through the sample swatch in Lesson 1.  That wasn't so hard now, was it?  Anyone else with a recycled resolution?


No comments:

Post a Comment