Friday, February 20, 2015

FO Holiday

Although I haven't been blogging about them, I have managed to finish a few items.

I started these mitts in the fall to be a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law who is a painter.  She requested that the mitts have fingers, and I liked this pattern Hidden Gusset free from Knitty, First Fall 2014.  They make a snug, good fitting mitt, and the pattern includes instructions for a version with fingers and one without.





What with one thing and another, and another, and another, these did not get completed in time.  Inspired by the Spirit Trail Fiberworks 2015 Stash Down, I  grabbed the project bag and got to work this week.  Not much yardage to count for the Stash Down, but a lot of satisfaction in finishing them.

Finishing them also frees up the chair where the socks for my brother-in-law, a couple of books, some wrapping paper, and a shipping box have been sitting since December.  Not that I use the chair for much beyond a temporary landing place for things going in or out of the room, but it sits in a direct line of sight from my knitting chair.  Maybe it's taunting presence is why I've been doing my knitting in other rooms lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment