Friday, November 7, 2014

Square Interlude

Still working on the Hell Train Socks, which feel like they have been knit twice over what with all the pulling out and reknitting. Still haunted by the unknit sleeves of the green cardigan which are  two lumps of  yarn yet to be cast on. It's not been a good year for the crafting team, but I am thinking about how to make next year better.  Yeah, me and the Red Sox.

The bright spot was completing two afghan squares for a group project.  Pure pleasure. I swatched, determined the number of stitches I needed, cast on, knit, washed, blocked, and smiled.










Both stitch patterns are from the Learn-to-Knit Afghan Book by Barbara G. Walker.  The cabled square is knit in Cascade 220 Superwash in Sky Blue, the other in Classic Elite Liberty Wool in Smoky Bonfires.  Both patterns look good on the front and the back. Both were quick and fun to knit. Both washable yarns were a pleasure to work with.

I think I know where to find my  2015 knitting, what with two nieces graduating high school and all, and my own need to go back to elementary knitting school.






No comments:

Post a Comment